Participants at ZMF 2017 will hear phenomenal concerts, work closely with faculty in master classes, private and group lessons, and ensemble coachings, and hear from guest speakers on a range of related topics.
There will also be ample time to perform for each other, practice and rehearse, and for lots of discussion with new friends!
The schedule & activities include:
- 8 concerts focused on the marimba featuring faculty, guest artists & participants
- pre-concert talks to provide opportunities to meet the performers
- 8 master classes by faculty on performance-centered topics. Most will include time for participants to perform & receive comments.
- 16 open lessons (2 with each faculty) provide participants more time to perform for & work with faculty artists. Others can observe!
- 2 private lessons with faculty of your choice (early registration assures your faculty preferences!)
- ensembles coached by faculty
- presentations by special guests on topics including developing your personal mission, careers in music, freelancing, video production, the marimba in pop music, & more
- informal performance sessions for participants to play for each other
- performances as part of the ZMF 2017 Concert Series (optional)
- private practice on marimbas we provide
- discussions with participants, faculty and guests
- a free day to sightsee in nearby New York City or relax as you please
- merchandise trials (& gifts from many generous companies)
- final night ZMF party!
Top photo: Claudia Hansen
3rd photo with Mike Truesdell; 5th photo with Christos Rafalides: Michael Ptacin